Field Mechanic (Fort Wayne, IN and various)
|Location:||Fort Wayne, IN|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||MYR Group Inc.|
|Description:||Immediate opening in Fort Wayne IN for a Field Mechanic! Areas of coverage will include a tri-project area within IN/OH/MI.|
Position consists of servicing and repairing MYR equipment and providing support to the area line construction crews in Fort Wayne Indiana, Paulding, OH and Three Rivers, MI project areas. Position is in the Field, travel and some overtime required.
|Duties:||This position will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance on electrical construction and transportation equipment. In addition, this individual will be responsible for constructing, maintaining, and testing mechanical equipment. |
The ability to multitask and identify parts or machines that need new components, or need to be replaced will be necessary.
MYR Equipment to include but not limited to:
•Overhead pullers and tension machines
•Large mobile cranes
•Class 1 to 8 vehicles
•Dozers and other construction equipment
**Successful candidates will have had previous experience and training on the above equipment.
|Qualifications:||• 3-5 years experience on class 1 to class 8 chassis service and repairs.|
• 3-5 years experience on aerial equipment, insulated bucket trucks, digger derricks, and large mobile cranes. Aerial certification training preferred.
• 3-5 years experience on dirt equipment, backhoes, dozers and electrical placing equipment, overhead pullers and tensioners.
• 3-5 years experience in hydraulic systems.
• Valid CDL license (a must) and good driving record.
• Able to work out of town and or away from home for long periods of time.
• Good welding skills: stick, mig, tig, and gas.
• Ability to use a wide range of personal hand tools.
• Good communications and computer skills.
• Able to balance large work loads and coordinate mandated inspections.
Seeking candidates that are reliable, punctual, self-starters, and have a good attitude.
•Position is full-time in a Union shop with 25% annuities.
•Hourly rate is commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com
If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321
The MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.