Assistant Payroll Manager (Rolling Meadows, IL)
|Location:||Rolling Meadows, IL|
|Salary Range:||Commensurate upon experience|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||MYR Group Inc.|
|Description:||Immediate opportunity for an Assistant Payroll Manager in IL!|
MYR Group Inc., one of the largest electrical contractors in the country is currently seeking an Assistant Payroll Manager to join its Corporate Payroll team at its Rolling Meadows, IL office.
This role is for an experienced payroll professional that can manage a fast paced work environment and help manage a team responsible for their multi-state, union payroll process in a JDE/AS400 environment.
|Duties:||•Assist in managing weekly payroll; incorporating hourly, salary and union wage payments|
•Review financial reports required by Federal, State, and Local Agencies; and assist in financial audits and implement recommendations
•Assist in process improvements to ensure efficient and accurate payroll processing, payroll tax reporting, payroll accounting, and record retention.
•Establish, implement, and maintain appropriate process/internal controls.
•Develop work plans and track / report status of assigned projects and tasks
•Assist in creating training documentation for systems supported
|Qualifications:||• 4 year Degree in Business or Accounting preferred|
• 5 + years of progressive experience managing payroll processes with high volume, multi-state, and variable pay plans
• Current working knowledge of employment and payroll tax laws, regulations, principles, methods, and techniques
• Detailed knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
• Experience in AS/400 payroll systems is preferred
• Familiarity with general ledger systems and experience reconciling the payroll to the general ledger
• High attention to detail and ability to meet frequent time deadlines
• Proven project management skills and a strong work ethic
Excellent benefits including:
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com
If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321
The MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.